Recipes are blueprints for building great things to eat. They give us new ideas and show us the way when we are in strange culinary territory. Here are some steps to follow when using a recipe.
- Read the recipe. Does it make sense? Do you have the equipment and ingredients the recipe calls for? If not, do you have substitutions that might work?
- Gather the ingredients.
- Review the equipment. If you don't know how to use a piece of equipment, ask someone who does to show you how.
- Follow the recipe step by step.
- Did the dish turn out well? If not, make a note on the recipe of what you might do differently next time.
- Clean up and enjoy your creation.